- Perilous Times (War) – 2 Tim. 3:1; Matt 24:6-7; Luke 21:25
- Unholy, fierce, murderous people – 2 Tim. 3:1-4
- Earthquakes in Diverse places – Luke 21:11; Matt 24:7
- Famines, Pestilence, Disease, Plagues – Luke 21:11; Matt 24:7
- A Russia/Arab Confederacy – Ezek. 28:2
- A call for world Peace – 1 Thess. 5:3; Daniel 8:25
- Great Signs and Fearful Sights – Luke 21:11; Luke 21:25-26; Rev. 16:8-9; Rev. 16:8
- A Future Temple in Jerusalem – Rev 11:1; Daniel 9:26-27; Matt 24:15-16
- Israel being a ‘sore spot’ in world politics – Heb 8:10; Zech 12:2; Jer 31:10-11; Joel 3:2; Isa 11:12; Ezek. 34:28.
- Knowledge will be Increased – Dan 12:4
- Great Apostasy and Falling away – 2 Thess. 2:3; 2 Tim. 3:1-4; 2 Tim. 3:13; Romans 1:22-32; Rev 18:23; 2 Thess 2:0-11; 1 Tim 4:1; 2 Tim 4:3-4
- False Prophets/False Christs/ False Wonders – Mark 13:22; Matt 24:11; Matt 7:22-23
- Sexual Immorality – Rom 1:26-27; Luke 17:26,28-30; 2 Tim 3:1-4
- Christian Persecution – Matt 24:9; 2 Timothy 3:3-4
- Mark of the Beast Technologies – Rev 13:17
- Rebirthed Roman Empire - Dan 2:33,41; Dan 7:7; Rev 13:1-2
- New One-World Government – Dan 2:33,41; Dan 7:7; Rev 13:1-2
- One World Religion – Rev 17:5
All of these things we are already seeing, or at least we are witnessing the very near shadows of these things to come.
The Bible tells us that the darkest days of earth's history are not behind us, but rather in front of us. The Bible warns that these dark days will contain awesome and terrifying events and that they will come upon the world with no immediate warning. All will be taken by surprise by these events, except for those that watch and know. By studying the scriptures like those I’ve listed above, we can see that there are indeed many 'signs' that we are to watch for to indicate that the time is near. If you think about it, we practice similar discernment every year in the spring. When I see that the days are getting longer, the snow begins to melt (for us Canadians), the trees bud, and the grass begins to green, I know that summer is near. Likewise, all these signs we are witnessing (right now and in this generation) are simply the signs that summer is coming. Are we in the season of the Lord’s return? You bet. We have more reason to believe that summer is just around the corner than any generation that has preceded us. This is exactly what the Lord Jesus was telling us in Matthew 24:32-33.
"Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors!” – Matt 24:32-22